Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I Live


So I finally realized that maybe I left some of you folks in the lurch; Internet lurchers, lurching about. There was something very un-final like with this blog, with this part of my life in general. Before arriving in/on Grenada we scoured blogs looking for information and the general pace and patter of life. One interesting blog I found interesting was one that suddenly stopped. One's left to think that most likely all of their fingers got busy. Maybe they are having an affair with the piano -who knows, the point is it will forever remain a mystery to me.

It's time to close the chapter. There's nothing like reading a good book and then finding that key pages have been torn out or the author simply gave up and somehow the whole thing went to press anyway. Some of you may have caught my trip to New Zealand. That's really where this blog lead into -from swashbuckling pirates to fantastical hobbits and a ridiculous number of sheep. Wow, I finally just figured out why I slept so well there. You can catch my epic journey across that countryside on "Full of Zeal", but I digress.

Grenada will always be a special place for me that opened my eyes up to a lot of things. Those reading this in hesitation of going, all I can say is -do it. Life is too short to worry about what may come of it; and I can tell you what will come of it, Life. Go with eyes wide open. It's not the cushy western world you may be used to but the people, the environment, and the lifestyle will move you if you let it. It made me realize the things I take for granted and also all the things I frankly can do without.

"But wait, this is your final chapter, and you are no longer there" you say. Well Life happened as it always does. If you're not wearing your boots you'll have to side step a puddle here or there and change your route. Rain metaphors. That's right, I am back in Vancouver now. I guess my writing style does reflect my environment. I'm hoping this blog's return wet your appetite and the clouds have cleared in your idea of my whereabouts. There's so much more to say, this really is just a drop in the bucket. Okay, enough with the puns, when it rains it pours.

That's all he wrote.
Fini.

No comments:

Post a Comment